Tuesday, June 13, 2006

I can feel me falling....

There's that rut I've fallen into.

You know that one that keeps you from doing everything you've ever dreamed of because you can't say no? And I'm not sure I can get out of this particular wheel rut.

I have, yet again, taken on more than any superwoman can handle. I just wonder if this time I can stay sane while I try to work in all the things I need to do for my day job, I'm studying for a Microsoft Certification exam and it's SO HARD - I don't remember university being like this!, I've got to deal with my clients, finish up the contract I've been work in on in the big "Smoke", that means very long days, very short nights, and no time for the necessities, you know, laundry, meals, dishes, vacuuming, dusting, cutting the lawn, tidying up after everyone in my house, cleaning the kitty litter...

It really sucks when you have to wash your underwear in the sink and hang it on the shower stall because you don't have time to put on the washer and the dryer is full of those clothes you forgot to DRY when you changed the laundry last night.

And on top of all that, all I want to do is get started on writing more than two quick sentences to remind myself of an idea I had for a story to write. At this point, I'd be happy to write a paragraph, which could explain why I'm here doing this while my hubby sleeps so peacfully beside me!

Hey, just writing it down has made it all seem OK. It's not so bad as I imagined it to be. There is light at the end of the tunnel becuase my contract will be finished at the end of this week, school will be out and my girl will be able to do some of the light house keeping duties, hubby gets some holidays so he'll be able to help out (maybe, if he gets his ass off the chesterfield long enough!) and my work website needs updating so he better freaking get at least that done!

Ah, I feel so much better, breaking my things to do into little pieces makes it so much more manageable!