Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Back into IT

In this case, the IT does stand for I.T. (information technology), but in terms of my blog you could say that it is back to life! HOORAY for ME!

I got my new laptop yesterday (it took a while to come in and still isn't exactly what I ordered but the IT guys are working on it...I asked for 2 GB ram but it only came with 1.5 GB but it works and I have almost all of my programs reinstalled and up and running. )

So that means a couple of things:
1. I can finally get back to writing because I'm not sharing a computer with anyone anymore
2. I have a lot of work to do (not just here for writing) but actual WORK - which is a blessing and a curse right?
Blessing because if I don't have work i don't have a job and if I don't have a job I don't have an income
Curse because if I have lots of work to do I won't take time for me until the work has been taken care of - that's the bad part about being your own boss

On another note though...it looks like I may be merging my business with another IT company here in town. I am excited about the opportunity but it will mean I work twice as hard because I'll have to report to someone else and I don't want to look like a slacker.

IF we decide to merge (we're in the preliminary eval period right now...will it work for me, them and our mutual clients.) it won't take place until the new year.

so - I'm still installing a few things here and there so I should get back to it. the sooner I get it done the sooner I can play!

(oh the laptop I got is a Lenovo (used to be IBM) 3000 N100 - and the cool thing here is it actually has a built in webcam! I couldn't believe it when I opened my Yahoo! messenger and it found a webcam becasue I knew I hadn't hooked it up yet! Anyway...that's just one of those cool things I wanted to share with you. That and I absolutely LOVE the sound my fingers make as the punch out letters on the keypad!

clickity clack...I love that!

have a great day all - I have a ton of blogs to catch up on so please don't be offended that I haven't been by lately.

OH - one more thing - finally got the CT scan results for my back...there is a mild bulge in my L5S1 joint with arthritis on both sides of it...so now we know what the REAL problem is we're working on getting it all better - but i have to say the exercises are HORRIBLE!!! no wonder I'm out of shape! :D *giggles*