Tuesday, September 05, 2006

And now - It's Serious

Ok - so I had to take a few days off - Forced of course.

My laptop has fully recovered from the issues it was having. But I'm getting a new one I'm just not sure when it is coming - I thought it would be here already but just like everything else in my life - it's not going according to plan.

I was hoping to get to Port Hope last week to meet an author I enjoy reading, but that didn't happen. I was hoping to do something nice and romantic for our anniversary, 12 years...but that didn't happen either. I was also hoping to go shopping for back to school gear for my girl, and of course that didn't happen either.

So now, it's time to get serious and meet some of the goals I've set for myself.
I'm also beginning the 50 books workshop, which I had fully intended to start last week, and guess what? that didn't happen either! (I'm starting to sound like a broken record.)

So here are my goals for the rest of the week - I hope I don't make too many, as I have to balance my work WORK, day job with my wanna work work.
1. most important - rebuild server for client...can't start that until tomorrow though as they are closed for a family day today
2. spend ONE HOUR every day writing - even if it is my blog, another article for the Canadian ITManagers blog on Microsoft.ca's Technet site, or anything at all...but really i'd like it to be to concentrate on the week worth of exercises I missed which I hope to post many of my answers etc. to my blog
3. post my exercises to my blog - oh wait I guess I just said that
4. book another new client for a preview of the new windows and office
5. book one on one classes with my favourite client (he usually picks Monday mornings, but I hope he'll take wednesday's this time so it can give me a bit of a break through the week)
6. copy all the files from my laptop onto DVD for easy transfer to my new laptop when it arrives.
7. bother overdue clients for cheques (I really don't like doing that)
8. take 15 minutes each day just for me...no work, no family, no problems, just down time for me.
9. work on the exercises the physiotherapist gave me
10. pay houseleague hockey fee for daughter

so those are just a few of the things I have to do this week. We'll see how many I get done.

Have a great day everyone and I hope you all enjoyed your long weekend! Too bad it's the last until Thanksgiving!