Saturday, August 12, 2006

When the Mood Hits, Free Seminar and so much more

I finally had the nerve to review an idea for a story with my husband.

He actually listened without laughing at me, which I thought was very kind because I really expected him to. Instead he shocked the crap out of me by saying he thought it was a great story line and that any help I need in terms of police procedure he said he'd be more than happy to help me.

I have to say I was truly shocked. You know in those great romances where the character's heart feels so full it will burst? Well that was how I felt. It was such a wonderful feeling to know that he'd support me when I was so afraid he'd say it was a stupid idea. (I look for honesty from him and he doesn't let me down).

Anyway, I just wanted to share how great it was to run that by him and have him not laugh...Now since my girl is away at a sleep over, my husband has FINALLY taken my car to do the brakes and rotate the tires (when I pressed the break it was metal on metal because there were no pads left on the one side - thank goodness it doesn't rely on one brake to stop) and he's taken my brother with him, I have some time to write so I'm off to do that now.

I have a couple of goals for the next few hours:
1. Get the main idea down
2. Write something - anything just to get the juices flowing and see where it takes me.
3. Get my exercise for the conversation done.

OH - and I registered for a free online course at: Roses It is a free workshop from August 27 - September 2, 2006 and covers the following:
1. What do you want?
2. What's Stopping You?
3. Pre-writing Planning
4. Cranking out the Pages
5. Tools for Goal setting and Planning

I'm very excited because I think this will be just the ticket for me. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

And as luck would have it my Anniversary is during that week. IF you have any great ideas on what I could do for my hubby - please let me know. I was thinking of a Sundance Balloon trip since they lift off not far from our place. They have champagne balloon rides, but it isn't cheap. Then again there is always dinner...There are times I wish we still had an Olive Garden...oh how I miss the Chicken Marsala *wipes mouth where the drool is*

OK - I'm stalling...Now - off to work I go. I hope you all enjoy your Saturday! Wish me luck! :D