Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Get a Fan and Cool Yourself Off!

I like to work on my laptop in bed.

That way it's handy if I wake up in the middle of the night it's close by.

PROBLEM: my laptop gets hot on my legs and I can't use my laptop very long. I don't like to be hot between the legs unless I know I'm gonna get some action down there...and with the hours my husband works, I don't get much action there during the week.

SOLUTION: I bought myself a cool fan. It's flat about half an inch high and my laptop sits on top of it. There are two fans that draw the hot air from the bottom of my laptop and blows the air out the back. It keeps the laptop cool on my lap, on my desk, on the wood table that was starting to get marked by the heat.

SO - if you are like me and you like to write with your laptop on your lap, get one of these laptop cooling fans. Mine is called a Notebook Chill Mat(TM) by Targus. It was $35 at the Office Depot.