Monday, July 24, 2006

A Pain in the ...

Yes, that's right, I'm saying it loud and clear.

I have a pain in the ...hmmm, neck - no, not today *turning my head from side to side* feels pretty good today, shoulders - they are good too...my feet don't hurt and my arms aren't tired and tingling today from all the typing...good sign.

Nope, the problem is a pain in my ass. It's causing me great bouts of discomfort, and I can't sit or stand for long periods of time.

My doctor took x-rays of my hips and spine and it appears there may be a bulging disc that is causing my at times excrutiating pain. So she's sending me for a second opinion, and she's requesting an MRI...

I wanted to complete some more of my ideas. Right now I've got what I think is a good opening, but I really want to make some changes to it as I came up with this idea that I'd change the opening to be a critical point in the story, then backtrack to the past, and work my way through to where the story begins, then of course, face the climax (is that a pun, I'm not sure yet!) *Jac is giggling loudly* and end the book just after where the story opens.

Now I just have to figure out how to write while neither standing or sitting and I'll be on my way.