Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A Writer's Tool

Recently on a few of my frequently visited blogs, I have seen a number of posts regarding research. I want to share an excellent tool that I'm using to help keep all my information for each work together and organized.

For those of you not already familiar with the wonderful tool, I wanted to share it so you could take advantage of it. There is a 60 or 90 day free trial of it online at Micrsoft.com .

OneNote is one of the best tools I have ever used. I use it for home, for work, for writing. It's excellent for keeping all kinds of information stored in tabs which you can liken to a binder with tabs in it. There are several different templates that will allow you to keep information - for example there is an excellent template for book reviews, meeting notes for when you interview someone, and you can cut and paste everything into it, pictures, website urls etc. etc.

I HIGHLY recommend that you take a look at this tool. It is quite reasonably priced as far as an organization tool goes. Take a look at it and I'm sure you will also find it to be something you can use.

**Special note though you are not able to use OneNote 2003 together with OneNote 2007 the new beta version out there which I absolutely LOVE**

I even use it to organize my blog articles (even though I still forget to spell check!!!) and I use it to keep notes on all of my clients, their server settings, the software etc because it is so easy and it goes with me everywhere! I am certain you will find this tool to be a most welcome addition to your software collection.